Quizlets make great additions to your binders. You can now use “LiveBinder It” to add any Quizlet to your binders. You can also just copy/paste the url. We do the auto-embed part so that you will see the Quizlet in the tab.
We have a new option on the shelf embed code that will let you show an updated date on your binders. If you use this in combination with sort by “Most Recent” people will be able to quickly glance at the shelf to see which binders have been recently updated.
If you are using Piktochart to create an infographic or Sway for your presentations, you no longer have to find embed codes and then copy paste them. You can just use the url for your chart or presentation (or click on “LiveBinder It” while viewing your chart or presentation) and we do the rest of the work so that it shows up beautifully in your binder.
I occasionally talk to teachers who don’t even know what ISTE is. ISTE is the biggest edtech conference in the country and it is a blast. There is so much to be learned and so much to be shared at ISTE. But even if you are not in San Antonio this year, you can catch some of the amazing information sharing by following the #NotAtISTE17 hashtag on Twitter.
Even if you don’t have time to follow the hashtag, or if you find it too overwhelming, you can check out the #NotAtISTE17 LiveBinder. Peggy George and myself have collaborated on this for the last couple of years. We gather all the fun things from the hashtag and many of the presentations from ISTE and organize them in a binder so that you can browse it at your leisure. Peggy has also created a Participate collection for all the shared resources.
“LiveBinder It” is our handy bookmarklet that lets you add web pages to your binder while you browse. But it can also be used to add multiple files to LiveBinders and to copy tabs from one LiveBinder to another. “LiveBinder It” just got a major update and the new features include:
- Adding files/links to multiple binders at once – teachers have often asked if they can upload a file to multiple student binders and now they can!
- Adding files/links to base tabs -before, you had to add files or links to main or sub tabs and then move them to base tabs, but now you can add them directly to base tabs
- A simplified interface for all these powerful features
In case you missed some of our announcements on LiveBinders Google integration, here are all the ways that we now integrate with Google:
- Google sign up and login – Save time by using your Google account to sign up for or log into LiveBinders
- Auto embed of Google docs, presentations, spreadsheets, and Drive folders – Your LiveBinder looks great with all your Google content in it, use “LiveBinder It” to add Google content to your binders, you can even add Google Drive folders to your binder
- Add Google content from inside the binder – Another time saver is to add content from Google while you are editing your binder. Use the Drive option from the + Content menu inside the binder to add content from your Google Drive
- Share to Google Classroom – Quickly and easily add your binder to Google Classroom by selecting Classroom from the Share menu in your binder
We just added Google Classroom to our LiveBinders share options. Just click on the share menu from the player, editor, or shelf and you can quickly post your binder to Google Classroom.