October 12, 2014
You will see lots of great binders with tabs on the side, and this was a highly requested feature that we implemented a while ago. But we still got requests for tabs on the right instead of on the left, because many have felt that the right was a more natural place for them to be in a “binder.” So now you have that option!
This feature is especially convenient if are right-handed and viewing the a binder on an iPad.
Thank you to everyone whose feedback made this possible!
October 8, 2014
We have recently completed an upgrade to our text editor. One of the main differences is that there is now a button that will appear on top of your text when you are in the editor. Clicking on this button will launch the new text editor menu bar.
Once you have launched the text editor, the new menu-bar will be visible and self explanatory.
Here are the features that you may want to explore:
1. To view the source code of your page – click on “Tools” and “source.” This is useful if you want to go back and edit any embed code that you may have added to your tab.
2. Like before, in order to add an image to your page, the picture will have to be uploaded to either LiveBinders or another site on the Web. Once it has been uploaded, you can then insert the picture using the “picture” icon and pasting the URL to that image. There are 2 places to access that on the menu bar. The hyperlink menu option is also available next to the “Insert image” icons.
3. Printing is available from the “File” drop down menu.
4. When you paste text from a Word file, the editor will now filter out any unnecessary Word code. You no longer need to use the “W” icon. But note that complex Word formatting – such as tables – may not work as well.
5. The new upgrade is compatible with the iPad Safari browser for iOS8. You can now view PDFs within your binder on the iPad using the 2-finger up and down motion. (Note: Our iPad App upgrade for iOS8 is not yet available but coming soon!)
October 4, 2014
We are happy to announce our upgrade to our new iPhone App version 1.2!
Offering greater flexibility, version 1.2 gives you the option to log into your LiveBinders account so you can access your personal binders and custom shelves. There are enhanced search capabilities as well.
For those of you using your iPhone to capture photos for your binder, you can now add pictures from your iPhone Photo Library and by taking a picture with your iPhone camera. You can resize your images to fit inside of your binder tabs and add them directly to your binder.
The LiveBinders iPhone App also lets you scan the QR Code of any LiveBinder, search for Public Binders by title, author name or by categories. By using the History feature, you can keep track of previously viewed binders so you can return to them at your convenience. Great for users who don’t have a LiveBinders account, but need access to binders quickly and easily from their iPhone.
Summary of new features:
You can log into your LiveBinders account to view your Public and Private binders and custom shelves.
You can now upload photos from your iPhone Library and iPhone Camera directly into your binder.
You can resize your images when you upload them into your binder.
You can now search for binders using the Binder ID filter from our search tool.
Bug fix: You can scroll through your multi-page PDF’s using the two finger swipe motion inside the LiveBinders tab. You can also view a PDF full-screen by clicking on the uploaded PDF link at the top of the tab page.
October 3, 2014
One of the great things about LiveBinders is how you can combine many applications into one single package for a rich viewing experience. Here are some online applications that can be embedded in your binder to make it more fun and interactive:
Do you have more great sites to add to our list? Please leave us a comment below!
September 19, 2014
We have just added an easier way to move files into your LiveBinder. Now you can see your uploaded files from inside your binder and add them to a tab with a single click.
We believe this will make life easier for students and teachers who may be filling in a template binder with their materials.
Here is a short video on this new feature:
September 14, 2014
If you are using our Student Sign-Up feature, where we allow students to sign up with the teacher’s email address, you will now be able to see a list of your students’ account names. Just go to your profile page and click on “See a list of student accounts.”
Please see our help page for more information about student sign-ups.
September 7, 2014
We are pleased to announce that LiveBinders is now more accessible! We have done a lot of work to make the product accessible to the widest possible audience and have a commitment to continue that work moving forward. We still have some improvements to make, but we have come a long way in our accessibility. Here is our Accessibility Statement.