What did we do?
We recently released an update to our site that gives you the option to log into your LiveBinders account using Two-Factor authentication, also known as Multi-Factor Authentication or “MFA.” This is a secure way to prevent any uninvited hackers into your LiveBinders account.
You can enable this MFA option from your My Profile page after you log into your account. NOTE: If you are already using Google Single Sign-on to log in, which has it’s own MFA, you do not need to enable our MFA. But, if you decide to switch, you will need to first create a password in your LiveBinders account, and then you can enable your MFA.
Why Use an Authenticator App.
Did you know that hackers can redirect your text messages or gain access to your phone carrier and then access your text messages? Using text messages as a means to receive your two-factor login code is less secure than an authenticator app because it is easier for hackers to gain access to your text messages online, than it is to physically access your phone.
With an authenticator app, a code is temporarily generated that you get through the App and it expires within a certain time period.
How to Enable your MFA
- Install the Google Authenticator App on your phone. Go to your App store on your phone and search for “Google Authenticator.” Make sure it is created by Google, LLC.
- Log into your LiveBinders account and go to your “My Profile” page.
- Scroll down to Multi-Factor Authentication section and click on “Set Up” button.
- Scan the QR Code with your Authenticator App and type in the Code that is generated into the empty box.
- Click “Continue” It will give you a success message letting you know that the next time you log in, you will need to use your Authentic.
To see screenshots and more, please go to our Help Guide binder.