On Wednesday 10/10, one of our servers became unresponsive and caused our site’s performance to degrade. After we successfully restarted the server, the site performance returned to normal.
After additional analysis, we discovered that a new feature we were testing had created a dependency on this server. When a server goes down, our website should be able to continue to perform properly, but did not because of this dependency. We have fixed this problem and have verified that our software no longer has this issue.
Fortunately, many of you were able to keep up-to-date on our progress — both from our status page and our Twitter feed.
Thank you again for the supportive Tweets we saw on our feed. We know how much you depend on your binders and we really strive to keep LiveBinders reliable and resilient.